- Send to friend
- Customers also bought
- Customer feedback
The WAW was originally build by Frederik Van De Walle, for own use and for a couple of friends, as a fast road velomobile, also for stretches with frequent and short turns, practical enough to be enjoyed for daily use. The WAW today is still totally in line with this basic concept but had to be redeveloped completely to meet efficient production methods and higher quality standards, conditions in order to make the WAW a successful product in a broader and professional market.
Its low gravity point, wide front wheel track and stiff suspension contribute to an excellent stability in curves. The sportive tank steering with separate brake levers activating robust drum brakes provide powerful braking and stable track control also at higher speeds.
Nose and tail fairing can be swiftly removed from the central part. This feature is unique for the WAW, the higher complexity and cost in production are worth the many practical advantages:
- Easy access to parts which need regularly attention: rear wheel, chain, cranks, shifting mechanism, …
- Exchange damaged parts is often less costly then repair a complete body fairing.
- High degree of customization selecting from a broad choice of types of nose and tail fairings.
- Possibility to mount any type of transmission including all types of electro assists engines.
- Compact way of transporting.
The actual standard WAW version can be set to fit body lengths from 1,6m till 1,9m by selecting the optimal position of seat and cranks. For tall and broad people points of attention are space for knees, shoulder width and width of upper legs.
- including light system (12V battery charger, turning signal lights, Cyo 80Lux, horn, dashboard light and brake light)
- 22 speed
- velomobile bag
- bicycle computer
- foam cover
- SPD pedals
- air pump
- tire repair set
Included at no charge
Titling Man-hole cover
Removable Race Hood with bag
Aero Wheel Covers
Aero Mirrors Left and Right
20" Front Wheels
35mm Schwalbe Kojak Tures
70mm SA Drum Brakes with Parking Lock
26" Rear Wheel
50mm Schwalbe Marathon Rear Tire
Electric System Including LED Turning lights Front and Rear, Double B&M LED High and Low bean, Rear LEDlight with Brake function, Electric horn, Day light function flashing or plain
Aramid (Kevlar) reinforced with Carbon Fiber
Eyelet in tail for lock or lifting
Aerdynamic foot hole cover
T3 tail for rear suspension
N2 nose with integrated headlights
Rear suspension, virtual pivot, air/oil Suntour Expion Lo-R shock
Chain protection in rear (Keeps chain free of dirt)
Wheeel covers in Visible Carbon
Rohloff speed hub, single chain ring
Battery for electrical system
Venitsit comfort seat padding
Headrest mounted to seat
GPS/Smart phone holder - stwoable
Our FAQ on ordering velomobiles can be found : here
To understand why you'd want to order one from us Click Here
Weight above reflects the shipping wieght, not the weight of the vehicle which depending on options comes in between 65-80 pounds
Some Displayed accessories are not included in the bike price IF there are any questions call or email us!
- Garneau Mid Season Men's Hoodie: Gray/Yellow SM$109.99
- Esi Chunky Grip Black$29.94
- Park Tool UP-SET Pick Up Set, Blue$27.95
- Sunlite Thorn Resistant Schrader Valve Tube, Black 26x1.50-1.95$19.99
- Derailleur Hanger Alignment (NO Replacement Hanger)$25.00
- Tires Sunlite 26x1-3/8 Black/Gum Wall RD K40$14.59
- Wheel Rebuild (per wheel)$120.00
- iGPSPORT iGS620 GPS Cycling Computer$149.99
- Strut Spring Yellow, Super Extra Heavy Stiffness (EACH)$15.99